ComNet CNFE100: Ethernet Media Converter, 10/100Mbps, 1 Channel, 1 or 2 Fibre, Multimode or Singlemode
Product Code: CN-CNFE100*
The ComNet Ethernet media converters are one-channel Ethernet electrical to optical media converters. These auto-negotiating devices accept a 10/100Mbps electrical input and convert this to a 100 Mbps optical output. This series of media converters is suitable for use with multimode or singlemode fibre and one and two fibre.
The media converters have LED indicators to show operational status. All models are environmentally hardened with no electrical or optical adjustments. Packaged in the exclusive ComNet ComFit housing, the standard size units may be either wall- or rack-mounted. The units are powered by an 8-15Vdc power supply which is included.
These media converters are tested & certified by an independent laboratory for full compliance with the environmental requirements (ambient operating temperature, mechanical shock, vibration, humidity with condensation, high-line/low-line voltage conditions and transient voltage protection) of NEMA TS-1/TS-2 and CALTRANS Traffic Signal Control Equipment Specifications
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
- 10/100 BASE-T/TX electrical port
- 100 BASE-FX optical port
- Electrical port supports auto-negotiation for 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps
- Full duplex or half duplex data
- Optical port supports 100 Mbps full duplex data
- Automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover
- Distances up to: 3 km on multimode fibre, 20 km on singlemode
- Transparent to data encoding/compatible with major data protocols
- ST or SC optical connectors
- 1 or 2 fibre versions
- Ac/Dc powered
- Voltage transient protection on all power & signal input/ output lines
- No in-field optical adjustments required
- LED indicators
- IEEE 802.3 compliant
- ComNet Lifetime Warranty
The power supplies provided with these products are designed for 0 to 50ºC applications. Hardened power supplies are available, please contact us to make sure that you have the right power supply for your application.
The full-size media converter series is fully-compatible with the mini series.
SC versions are also available, please contact us for details