ComNet: CNGE8MS Ethernet Switch, 8 Ports: 4x Gigabit Electrical Ports & 4 x Gigabit Combo Ports, Managed
Product Code: CN-CNGE8MS
The ComNet CNGE8MS is an 8-port managed Ethernet switch designed to operate in harsh, environmentally challenging applications. It features four 1000BASE-TX and four Gigabit combo ports. The four combo ports are 10/100/1000Mbps configurable for either Cat5-e copper, or multimode or singlemode optical fibre by the use of optional ComNet SFPs* for connector type and distance. Exclusive to ComNet is C-Ring, a feature that protects the network from interruptions or temporary malfunctions with fast recovery technology. Legacy ring allows the switch to be used in an existing ring of ComNet X-Ring enabled switches.
Redundant DC inputs are included for uninterrupted operation in the event of a power supply failure. The electrical ports support the 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet IEEE802.3 protocol, and auto-negotiating and auto-MDi/MDiX features are provided. These network-managed layer 2 switches are optically and electrically compatible with any IEEE802.3 compliant Ethernet device. The CNGE8MS is DIN-rail or wall-mountable.
- 16Gbps switching bandwidth: 4 combo Gigabit ports & 4 x 10/100/1000T(X) Ports
- IGMP v2/v3 (IGMP snooping support) for filtering multicast traffic & Port Trunking for bandwidth management
- STP/RSTP/MSTP supported
- Tested and certified by an independent laboratory for full compliance with the environmental requirements (ambient operating temperature, mechanical shock, vibration, humidity with condensation, high-line/low-line voltage conditions and transient voltage protection) of NEMA TS-1/TS-2 and CALTRANS Traffic Signal Control Equipment Specifications.
- Compatible and fully functional when used in a Moxa® Turbo ring topology
- Operating Temperature: -40? C to +75?C functional to +85? C
- Fastest Redundant Ethernet Ring: ComNet C-Ring. Recovery time <30ms, with > 250 switches within the ring
- Windows utility, eConsole, supports centralised management, and is web-based configurable, or by Telnet and console (CLI) ports
- Supports LLDP (Link Layer Discovery Protocol)
- Event notification through Syslog, E-mail, SNMP trap, and Relay Output
- Port lock to prevent access from unauthorised MAC address
- SNMP v1/v2c/v3 for secure network management
- PTP Client (Precision Time Protocol) for clock synchronisation
- C-RSTP supports network applications with complex topology
- Rigid aluminum housing design provides for DIN-Rail or wall mounting
- ComNet Lifetime Warranty
Please add suffix ‘/C’ for Conformally Coated Circuit Boards to extend to condensation conditions. Please contact us for pricing and delivery
SFPs should be purchased separately, please click here for ComNet SFPs.
DC power supply included
For 19″ rack mounting of this DIN rail switch, please order model number CN-DINBKT3