ComNet Copperline®: SFP Transceivers / Mini GBIC Modules
Product Code: CN-CL-SFP*
The ComNet CopperLine SFPs are small form-factor pluggable Ethernet extender modules that improve bandwidth and distance of existing copper networks. The SFPs help to avoid the installation costs of new fibre lines on site by allowing full 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps Ethernet bandwidth to be extended over 2-wire twisted pair or coaxial cable.
Housed in a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) module enclosure, the SFPs are designed for plug-and-play installation into any 100BASE-FX Ethernet unit with an MSA-compliant port. These must be used in pairs, with a CL-SFP module installed at both ends of the connection, or a CopperLine unit installed at one end.
- Extend Ethernet up to 914m at 10 Mbps or 305m at 100 Mbps over 1 pair UTP cable
- Extend Ethernet up to 1,524m at 10 Mbps or 610m at 100 Mbps over coax the optional CN-CLRJ2COAX or CN-CLRJ2COAXCAB adapters
- Automatic local/remote device selection ensures ultimate flexibility and ease of use
- Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) modules can be plugged into any Ethernet switch with SFP ports that support 100BASE-FX*
- Tested and certified by an independent laboratory for full compliance with the environmental requirements (ambient operating temperature, mechanical shock, vibration, humidity with condensation, high-line/low-line voltage conditions and transient voltage protection) of NEMA TS-1/TS-2 and CALTRANS Traffic Signal Control Equipment Specifications
- ComNet Lifetime Warranty
RJ-45 Breakout Wiring kit (includes cable and terminal block)
*The ComNet Copperline CL-SFP modules are fully compatible with all ComNet Ethernet products supporting 100BASE-FX SFP modules. The modules cannot be used in ports that only support 1000BASE-FX SFP modules.
Please contact us before purchasing this product if you intend to use it with any other 3rd party manufacturer in order to check compatibility.