ComNet CNFE100: Ethernet Media Converter, 10/100/1000Mbps SFP, PoE++ (up to 60W), Substation-Rated
Product Code: CN-RLMCSFPPOEHO
A substation-rated Ethernet media converter that supports Universal PoE (Power over Ethernet) powered devices requiring up to 60W of operating power. Designed to meet the requirements of IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 Class 2, EN50155, and NEMA TS-1/TS-2, it is intended for deployment in environments where high levels of electromagnetic noise and interference (EMI) and severe voltage transients and surges are routinely encountered, such as electrical utility substations and switchyards, heavy manufacturing facilities, trackside and roadside electronic equipment, and other out-of-plant applications.
The DIP-switch-selectable 100BASE-FX or 1000BASE-FX port supports optical transmission media with selection of the appropriate ComNet SFP* module. User-selectable link fault pass-through provides remote indication of a network fault, and a summary fault alarm provides a local or remote indication via a dry contact closure in the event of loss of optical link or operating power.
The 10/100/1000BASE-TX port supports both auto-negotiation and automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover for full and half-duplex operation; manual MDI/MDI-X switching is not required. The internal/self-contained power supply features redundant 48Vdc inputs, for the highest possible reliability. The unit is simple to install, plug-and-play. It is DIN-rail or panel-mountable, and is ideal for mission-critical PoE applications where very high levels of reliability and network availability are of the utmost importance.
Conformal coating available for humidity with condensation or airborne particulate matter environments
- Supports PoE powered devices requiring PoE (15W), PoE+ (30W), or PoE++ (60W)
- Full duplex transmission of 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet: 1 x 10/100/1000BASE-TX port & 1 x 100BASE-FX or 1000BASE-FX optical port
- Compatible with IEC 61850-3 & IEEE 1613 Class 2 for electrical utility substations, EN50155 for railway
applications & NEMA TS-1/TS-2 for traffic signal control equipment & IEC/EN60950-1 requirements
- Operating temperature range of -40º to +85º C
- Transmission distances of up to 120km with ComNet SFPs
- Link fault pass-through provides remote indication of a network fault
- 10/100/1000BASE-TX port supports both auto-negotiation and automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover for full and half-duplex operation; manual MDI/MDI-X switching is not required
- Redundant power inputs
- No fans or forced-air cooling required
- Operating status LEDs & fault alarm in the event of loss of optical link or operating power
- Rugged 19-gauge galvanized & powder-coated steel enclosure
- DIN-rail or panel-mount
- ComNet Lifetime Warranty